What is Hematology?
In the Medical field, Hematology is the study of blood malignancies and disorders such as, hemophilia, leukemia, lymphoma, sickle-cell anemia & more.
Physicians specialized in hematology are known as hematologists. Their profession mainly includes the care and treatment of patients with blood disorders and diseases, although some may also work at the hematology laboratory inspecting blood films and bone marrow slides by using microscopes.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai our Hematology team offers specialized care in the treatment of malignant and benign blood disorders.
Benign Hematological Disorders including:
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia and all other types of Anemia
- Hemostatic Disorders
Malignant Hematological Disorders including:
- Leukemia (Acute and Chronic)
- Lymphoma (Hodkgin’s and Non-Hodgkin’s)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Myeloproliferative Disorders (CMML, CML, PV, ET, and PM)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Autologous for Lymphoma and Multiple Myeloma
- Allogenic for Acute Leukemia, Aplastic Anemia and Thalassemia
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Ed Ashtar is Triple American Board Certified, with more than 15 years of experience. He completed his fellowship in the USA in Medical Oncology and Hematology at the National Institutes of Health - Bethesda, Maryland. During that time, he was also the Chief of the Oncology fellows at NIH.
- Dr Shabeeha is registered and licensed to practice on the GMC register. She has over 12 years of clinical experience in General, Malignant and Laboratory Hematology. She has worked as a Consultant Haematologist at the Royal Marsden Hospital, University Hospitals Birmingham and was employed as a Consultant Haematologist at the Kings College Hospital London, before moving to Dubai.
Simple Rare Procedure by Dubai Doctor Allows Newborn Child to Recognize his Parents for the First Time.
Ophthalmologist performs a simple but rare procedure on a new born child to cure Peters Anomaly and prevent blindness Pupilloplasty, a more effective treatment to