In the Medical field, Hematology is the study of blood malignancies and disorders such as, hemophilia, leukemia, lymphoma, sickle-cell anemia & more.
Physicians specialized in hematology are known as hematologists. Their profession mainly includes the care and treatment of patients with blood disorders and diseases, although some may also work at the hematology laboratory inspecting blood films and bone marrow slides by using microscopes.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai our Hematology team offers specialized care in the treatment of malignant and benign blood disorders.
Benign Hematological Disorders including:
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia and all other types of Anemia
- Hemostatic Disorders
Malignant Hematological Disorders including:
- Leukemia (Acute and Chronic)
- Lymphoma (Hodkgin’s and Non-Hodgkin’s)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Myeloproliferative Disorders (CMML, CML, PV, ET, and PM)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Autologous for Lymphoma and Multiple Myeloma
- Allogenic for Acute Leukemia, Aplastic Anemia and Thalassemia