Dubai – September 2020 – A 68-year-old Indian man suffered a severe heart attack on early this September. After being rushed to a nearby hospital,
What is Orthopedics?
Orthopedics is the brand of medicine that deals with conditions and deformities of the bones joints and muscles or manipulation of the musco-skeletal system.
Orthopedic conditions can be treated surgically or non-surgically with medications, physical therapy, exercise, alternate therapies or by a range of surgical procedures, including some that are minimally invasive and thus less traumatic to the body than traditional open surgery.
The main aim of orthopedic treatment is to restore or preserve your musculoskeletal function while eliminating pain.
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai our Renowned Orthopedic Center holds two Centers of Excellence in ACL Injuries and Rotator Cuff Injuries
From Diagnostics of Surgical and Non-Surgical Treatments and Rehabilitation our Orthopedic Center holds an immense pool of experience, latest technology and world class quality standards
Shoulder & Knee
Our surgeons provide compassionate care to treat Shoulder / Knee Injuries, Shoulder Instabilities, Knee Ligament Disorders and Rotator Cuff Problems to help patients get back to their daily activities treating the whole person.
We treat the full spectrum of Sports-related and Orthopedic conditions including:
- Achilles Tendon Injuries
- Ankle Sprains
- Cartilage Injuries in the Knee (Meniscus Tears and Articular Cartilage Defects)
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Ligament Injuries to the Knee (ACL, PCL, MCL & LCL Injuries)
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee, Shoulder or Foot and Ankle
- Peroneal Tendon Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Shoulder Instability
- Shoulder Tendonitis and Bursitis
- Tennis Elbow
- Throwing Injuries of the Shoulder and Elbow
- Torn Ligaments
Foot and Ankle
We offer specialized world class care for foot and ankle problems:
- Ankle arthritis: Our research staff explore new treatments for Ankle Arthritis including Fusions and Joint Replacements
- Innovative Surgery: Our consultant leads the way in modern minimally Invasive Reconstruction Techniques
- A treatment plan tailored to help the patient resume daily activities as quickly and safely as possible. Not everyone requires surgery and non-operative treatments are available for patients. Such options may include injection therapy, medication and/or occupational / hand therapy.
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Ossama Abdulazziz Abdullah is a Board-certified Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon, specialising in Sports Medicine and Sports Traumatology. He has more than 30 years' of international experience in the field. He mainly works on hip, knee and shoulder injuries and has been trained in many places across Europe including the United Kingdom and Sweden.
- Dr. Uwe Johannes is a German Board Orthopedic Surgeon with more than 20 years of experience. He is an expert in Total Knee Arthroplasty, Total Hip Replacement, and Arthroscopy of knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle joints with all possible treatments in trauma and degeneration cases, also, he is expert in all kind of Trauma cases for repair of skin, soft tissue, and bone fractures.
- Dr. Bhatia’s areas of special interest include all aspects of surgery of the knee and shoulder. In particular, he specializes in joint replacement surgery including the full flexed/high flex knee replacement for Asian and Middle Eastern patients. He has carried out more than 3000 knee replacements, hip replacements and shoulder replacements.
- Dr. Andreas Appelt is a German-trained Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon. He has more than 30 years of experience in the conservative and operative treatment of orthopedic conditions. He has treated a wide spectrum of spinal and joint cases with minimally invasive procedures and performed arthroscopic operations of the knees and shoulders, and knee and hip replacements. For more than five years, Dr. Appelt worked in University Clinic in Heidelberg, Germany, and then he operated his own Clinic in Neu-Ulm and Weißenhorn.
- Dr. Samih Al Tarabishi is considered the most famous joint surgeon in the Middle East. He established Tarabichi Center for Joint treatment 20 years ago, which is considered the most distinguished center in the Middle East that provides the latest and most comprehensive medical services starting from the personalized conservative treatments till designing artificial joint by 3D printing technology specially made for each patient measurements.
- Over 10 years of experience in various clinical capacities in hospitals in the UAE and France. Clinical Expertise and Services Offered. Joint replacement surgeries including Hip and Knee. Sport medicine surgeries (Advanced arthroscopic techniques for knee, meniscal repair, ACL reconstruction, PCL reconstruction). Trauma and General orthopedic surgeries.
- Dr. Labib is a consultant in orthopedic surgery and traumatology since 2001. He graduated from Cairo University school of medicine in 1994 with an excellent Honored grade. In 1998 he received his master degree in knee ligaments reconstruction with an excellent degree And in 2001 he received his MD degree from Cairo university hospitals about adults joints reconstruction after special training in Munster University in Germany. Dr. Labib was assigned as associate professor in Cairo university school of medicine since 2002 with vast experience in arthroscopic Knee and Shoulder sports injuries reconstruction besides his 20 years' experience in management of all trauma cases as well as Joint replacement surgeries for the Knee and Hip including both primary as well as complex revision cases. Dr. Labib worked as a consultant surgeon for the Royal commission Hospital - KSA for 7 years providing tertiary care quality service in Joints arthroscopic and replacement surgeries as well as emergency management for all injuries including poly trauma patients. He is member in the center of tissue preservation and transplantation in Cairo university hospitals school of medicine since 1998 with vast experience in reconstruction of Bone and Joints defects. He previously joined SGH as a consultant Orthopedic surgeon in both Riyadh and Dubai with vast experience in arthroscopic sports injuries management and ligaments reconstruction. Dr. Labib participated formally in teaching Medical students at Cairo College of medicine in Egypt and has published many scientific papers in different national and international journals, and presented many articles and lectures in both national and international courses and Conferences. He is a member of several professional societies and committees including: Egypt medical syndicate as an Orthopedic consultant. He is assigned as an orthopedic consultant by the Saudi council for the health specialists; KSA. Orthopedic consultant by Dubai health authority and ministry of health; UAE. Member of the SICOT European orthopedic society since 2004.
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai adopts Artificially Intelligence powered platforms to elevate patient driven communication and access to care Patients can now book instantly through WhatsApp