What is Pulmonology?
Pulmonology is a subspecialty of the Internal Medicine which specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of chest or lung problems including; asthma, COPD, sleep disorders, lung cancer, pulmonary fibrosis (interstitial lung diseases), chest infections, bronchiectasis, smoking cessation, pulmonary hypertension and so on.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, our state-of-the-art Pulmonology Departments offers the following services:
- Asthma Education and Management clinic (adults and pediatrics) every Sunday.
- Airway Inhalation Therapy (Ultrasonic Nebulization)
- Lung function testing (Measurement of Lung Volumes and Capacities, Carbon Monoxide Diffusion, Body Plethysmography)
- Allergy screening and desensitization testing (both environmental and food allergens)
- Overnight pulse oximetry for diagnosis and management of sleep disorders
- Bronchoscopy (Lavage, Biopsy, Brushing, Trans-cranial and Trans-bronchial Biopsy)
- Timely screening, diagnosis and management of lung cancer
- Oxygen therapy and Non-invasive ventilator therapy(CPAP, BiPAP)
- Pneumonia and other infectious diseases
- Pleural fluid aspiration (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Vaccinations for chest infections (Influenza & Pneumonia)
- Education and support for smoking cessation
- Tuberculosis and Fungal Respiratory Diseases
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Sherif Fayed has worked as a respiratory consultant in Egypt and United Kingdom. He has outstanding experience in Respiratory Critical Care, chest infections, pulmonary fibrosis, pleural diseases. in addition to lung cancer early detection, diagnosis and most pulmonary procedures. Dr. Fayed holds more than 20 years of experience in the field of Pulmonology.
- Dr. Chaudhri studied Medicine at the University of Cambridge and has been in clinical practice since 1992. He was comprehensively trained in cardiac and thoracic surgery in London and Scotland. He then super specialized in aortic, mitral and minimally invasive cardiac surgery and heart as well as lung transplantation during fellowships in Harefield and Freeman Hospitals in the UK and in MHH, Hannover, Germany. He has performed more than 5500 adult cardiac surgical operations and 900 major thoracic operations.
- Dr. Mohammad Katranji is an American Board-Certified Consultant Pulmonologist specializing in Bronchoscopy and Thoracentesis. Through his 17 years of experience, he can treat all conditions of the lungs including critical and unique cases. Additionally, he is Board-Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine.
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function