Dubai – September 2020 – A 68-year-old Indian man suffered a severe heart attack on early this September. After being rushed to a nearby hospital,
What is Pulmonology?
Pulmonology is a subspecialty of the Internal Medicine which specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of chest or lung problems including; asthma, COPD, sleep disorders, lung cancer, pulmonary fibrosis (interstitial lung diseases), chest infections, bronchiectasis, smoking cessation, pulmonary hypertension and so on.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, our state-of-the-art Pulmonology Departments offers the following services:
- Asthma Education and Management clinic (adults and pediatrics) every Sunday.
- Airway Inhalation Therapy (Ultrasonic Nebulization)
- Lung function testing (Measurement of Lung Volumes and Capacities, Carbon Monoxide Diffusion, Body Plethysmography)
- Allergy screening and desensitization testing (both environmental and food allergens)
- Overnight pulse oximetry for diagnosis and management of sleep disorders
- Bronchoscopy (Lavage, Biopsy, Brushing, Trans-cranial and Trans-bronchial Biopsy)
- Timely screening, diagnosis and management of lung cancer
- Oxygen therapy and Non-invasive ventilator therapy(CPAP, BiPAP)
- Pneumonia and other infectious diseases
- Pleural fluid aspiration (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Vaccinations for chest infections (Influenza & Pneumonia)
- Education and support for smoking cessation
- Tuberculosis and Fungal Respiratory Diseases
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Sherif Fayed has worked as a respiratory consultant in Egypt and United Kingdom. He has outstanding experience in Respiratory Critical Care, chest infections, pulmonary fibrosis, pleural diseases. in addition to lung cancer early detection, diagnosis and most pulmonary procedures. Dr. Fayed holds more than 15 years of experience in the field of Pulmonology.
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai adopts Artificially Intelligence powered platforms to elevate patient driven communication and access to care Patients can now book instantly through WhatsApp