What is Rheumatology?
Rheumatology is a division of internal medicine and pediatrics that deals with the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune disorders and heritable connective tissue disorders. A rheumatologist specializes in the diagnosis, treatment of the rheumatic diseases, through a large variety of traditional, alternative and new age therapies.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai we take an integrated approach in treating Rheumatological disorders. We often treat patients through a mix of contemporary medication, lifestyle changes, nutrition advice, and alternative therapies. As most of rheumatological disorders are long term or chronic and can cause significant pain, we support our patients on their journey to recovery through expert medical care, empathy and kindness.
Our Rheumatology Department offers medical solutions for the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Spondyloarthritis & Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Arthritis associated with inflammatory bowel disease, and the other autoimmune connective tissue disease like SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus)
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Polymyositis and dermatomyositis
- Crystal induced arthritis like gout and other rheumatic diseases
- Lyme Disease
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Alaa Eldin has more than 27 years of experience gained from his work and training in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. His main interest is Rheumatology patients who have conditions such as: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Spondyloarthritis like Ankylosing Spondylitis, Crystal induces arthritis like Gout, Scleroderma, and other collagen diseases.
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function