Dr. Sergio Mazzei
Specialist General Surgeon and Wound Care Surgeon
Dr Mazzei worked as a Specialist General Surgeon in different Italian Hospitals (Milan and Lecco). He also worked, for a long time, in one of the most well-reputed Wound Care Department, in Monza (Italy) treating patients with diabetic foot and vascular ulcers performing different kind of surgical procedures and using other techniques as NPWT. He performed more than 1000 surgical procedures for wound care in his career. Starting from October 2017 to present he was appointed as a trusted doctor by the Consulate General of Italy in Dubai.
- Medical Degree in Faculty of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Messina – “G Martino” Italy scoring 110/110 in October 2005.
- Post-graduate studies in General Surgery, scoring 50/50 and distinction at Messina University, Italy.
He had several publications about wound care treatment and tissue engineering. He has been co-investigator in a lot of international studies about wound care and wound healing using advanced dressings and treatments.
- S Canonico; F Campitiello; A Della Corte, V Padovano; S Giannini, D Luciani, P Capra, R Brambilla, S Mazzei, L Deotto, S Chiarenza, F Corbetta, M Romanelli, V Dini, S Barbanera, S Gasperini. Therapetic possibilities of portable NPWT. Initial multidisciplinary observation with the negative pressure therapy device. Acta Vulnologica 2012. Volume 10 – n 2 – Giugno 2012; 10 57-66.
- Mazzei S, Famà F, Vindigni A, Villari SA, Gioffrè Florio MA. Major emergency management in ship collusion. Ann Ital Chir. 2008 Sep-Oct;79(5):321-5
- F Famà, V Barresi, G Giuffrè, P Todaro, S Mazzei, A Vindigni, MA Gioffrè- Florio. Unusual secondary localization of b chronic lymphatic leukaemia in the breast. A case report. Tumori 2008 Jul-Aug; 94(4):617-20
- MA Gioffrè Florio, F Famà, G Gullo, S Mazzei, A Pollicino, P Scarfò, A Vindigni. L’utilizzo della chirurgia radioimmunoguidata nella nostra esperienza. Ann Ital Chir. 2007 Sep-Oct;78(5):433-7. Italian
- F Famà, MA Gioffrè Florio, SA Villari, R Caruso, V Barresi, S Mazzei, A Pollicino, P Scarfò. Breast abnormalities: a retrospective study of 208 patients. Chirurgia Italiana 2007; 59 (4): 499-506.
- Maria Antonietta Gioffrè Florio, Fausto Famà, Grazia Gullo, Giancarlo Buccheri, Sergio Mazzei. Gunshot wounds. Our experience. Chir Ital 2006;58, 6: 779-783
- Toe amputation
- Free skin graft
- Skin homograft
- Dermal substitutes with Hyaluronic Acid
- Different kind of dermal substitutes with Mesenchymal cells
- PRP, and more
Italian and English