According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the leading cause of death last year was ischaemic heart disease, or coronary artery disease, which usually results
What is Cardiology?
Cariology is the branch of medicine dealing with cardiac and cardiovascular diseases (illnesses of the heart and parts of the circulatory system). A Cardiologist is a doctor that treats heart related conditions. Interventional Cardiology is the branch of cardiology that deals with actuate conditions such as heart attacks.
Why is a Healthy Heart so Important?
Heart disease, commonly known as the silent killer and ranks as the NUMBER ONE cause of death world-wide amongst men and women. Heart disease can often go unnoticed, leading to potentially fatal acute conditions such a heart attack. 17.9 Million people die of heart disease world-wide every year according the latest WHO statistics. Early detection of heart disease is key in living a healthy and lengthy life and so it is of vital importance to heave your heart checked on a regular basis.
AZHD’s Cardiology Department offers the following range of services:
- Consultation for any heart related conditions.
Emergency Services & Heart Attack Center
- Emergency service for heart conditions including heart attack, heart failure and life-threatening heart rhythm disturbance is available round the clock with state-of-the art Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.
- Al Zahra Hospital Dubai is one of two private hospitals in the UAE to have a Joint Commission International Accredited Heart Attack Center. For our patients, this means that we have one of the safest and most effective environments world-wide to save the lives of those experiencing AMI (Acute Myocardial Infractions – Heart Attacks). From the procedures, to the equipment and expertise of our Interventional Cardiologists, we provide you with the best internationally accredited cardiology services.
Non-Invasive Lab Services:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Echocardiography (ECHO)
- Exercise Tolerance Test (Treadmill test)
- Stress Echocardiography
- 24 Ambulatory Holter and blood pressure monitoring
Invasive Cath-Lab services:
- Coronary and peripheral angiography
- Coronary and peripheral angioplasty
- Right heart catheterization
- Permanent pacemaker implantation and interrogation
- Heart failure device implantation and interrogation
– A Guide on How to Control Cholesterol: Please click here
– For Cardiology Packages: Please click here
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Chaudhri studied Medicine at the University of Cambridge and has been in clinical practice since 1992. He was comprehensively trained in cardiac and thoracic surgery in London and Scotland. He then super specialized in aortic, mitral and minimally invasive cardiac surgery and heart as well as lung transplantation during fellowships in Harefield and Freeman Hospitals in the UK and in MHH, Hannover, Germany. He has performed more than 5500 adult cardiac surgical operations and 900 major thoracic operations.
- Dr. Layla has over ten years of international and local experience as a clinical cardiologist. Dr. Layla has experience in Holter and Blood Pressure Monitoring, Exercise ECG and Doppler Echography. Her main interest is in preventive cardiology. She offers an integrated, compassionate care to individual patients with early onset or strong risk factors for coronary heart disease in order to slow or stop the progression of heart disease. She provides patients with the required tools to live a heart healthy life. She spends satisfactory time listening, explaining and discussing treatment options and procedures with her patients.
- Dr. Sherif Amer has more than 15 years of experience in management of complex heart conditions and diseases in adults. Trained at some of the finest institutes in the United Kingdom, United States and Egypt, his areas of special interest include advanced management of heart failure and Interventional Cardiology. He currently working as part of a team of three interventional cardiologists delivering an elective, urgent and emergency PCI service for the surrounding population of UAE. Currently also involved in delivering a program of Trans-catheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) and CTO.
- Dr. Behrad Elahi is an Iranian Board Certified interventional cardiologist with more than 8 years experience in hospital and clinical setting .He is an elite Cardiologist trained as a Heart Team Leader in Zurich University ,with a strong ability to take the best final decision in critical and complex scenarios related to heart health. He has more than 50 publications and presentations in international and local conferences, journals and newspapers. He trained in Cardiology in Tehran University and became member of National Talents Foundation for his abilities.
- An Interventional Cardiologist having more than 30 years experience as a consultant /or Head of the department at Medeor Hospital, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals and Batra Hospital New Delhi.
A sixty-eight-year-old Indian man undergoes rare life saving procedure after 90% arterial calcified blockage Intravascular lithotripsy opens the door for some difficult heart cases with