A 35-year-old man successfully recovers from a heart attack with 100% arterial blockage at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai. The patient was brought back to a stable condition in just 19 minutes starting from the time he arrived at the hospital.
MWhat is Cardiology?
Cariology is the branch of medicine dealing with cardiac and cardiovascular diseases (illnesses of the heart and parts of the circulatory system). A Cardiologist is a doctor that treats heart related conditions. Interventional Cardiology is the branch of cardiology that deals with actuate conditions such as heart attacks.
Why is a Healthy Heart so Important?
Heart disease, commonly known as the silent killer and ranks as the NUMBER ONE cause of death world-wide amongst men and women.
Heart disease can often go unnoticed, leading to potentially fatal acute conditions such a heart attack. 17.9 Million people die of heart disease world-wide every year according the latest WHO statistics.
Early detection of heart disease is key in living a healthy and lengthy life and so it is of vital importance to heave your heart checked on a regular basis.
AZHD’s Cardiology Department offers the following range of services
Emergency Services & Heart Attack Center
Non-Invasive Lab Services
Invasive Cath-Lab services
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- An Interventional Cardiologist having more than 30 years experience as a consultant /or Head of the department at Medeor Hospital, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals and Batra Hospital New Delhi.
- Dr. Elsokkary is a consultant interventional cardiologist with more than 20 years of experience in the field. He completed his training in cardiology and interventional cardiology at a military medical academy and has extensive training in Cardiac Catheterization Lab & Interventional Cardiology, coronary angiograms, and angioplasty. Over 10,000 coronary interventions have been performed by Dr. Elsokkary, and he is an expert in Echo and transesophageal Echo.
- Dr. Behrad Elahi is an Iranian Board Certified interventional cardiologist with more than 8 years’ experience in hospital and clinical setting .He is an elite Cardiologist trained as a Heart Team Leader in Zurich University ,with a strong ability to take the best final decision in critical and complex scenarios related to heart health.
- Dr. Sherif Amer has more than 15 years of experience in management of complex heart conditions and diseases in adults. Trained at some of the finest institutes in the United Kingdom, United States and Egypt, his areas of special interest include advanced management of heart failure and Interventional Cardiology. He currently working as part of a team of three interventional cardiologists delivering an elective, urgent and emergency PCI service for the surrounding population of UAE. Currently also involved in delivering a program of Trans-catheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) and CTO.
- Dr. Layla has over ten years of international and local experience as a clinical cardiologist. Dr. Layla has experience in Holter and Blood Pressure Monitoring, Exercise ECG and Doppler Echography. Her main interest is in preventive cardiology. She offers an integrated, compassionate care to individual patients with early onset or strong risk factors for coronary heart disease in order to slow or stop the progression of heart disease. She provides patients with the required tools to live a heart healthy life. She spends satisfactory time listening, explaining and discussing treatment options and procedures with her patients.
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the leading cause of death last year was ischaemic heart disease, or coronary artery disease, which usually results
A sixty-eight-year-old Indian man undergoes rare life saving procedure after 90% arterial calcified blockage Intravascular lithotripsy opens the door for some difficult heart cases with