Dubai – September 2020 – A 68-year-old Indian man suffered a severe heart attack on early this September. After being rushed to a nearby hospital,
What is Ophtalmology?
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai our integrated team of experts treat a full spectrum of eye conditions, from eye sight prescriptions to complex chronic conditions and retina surgeries, we ensure your eye health is in safe hands.
Ophtalmology is the brandch of medicine dealing with the health of your eyes or eyessight. An ophthalmologist diagnoses and treats all eye diseases, performs eye surgery and prescribes and fits eyeglasses and contact lenses to correct vision problems.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai our integrated team of experts treat a full spectrum of eye conditions, from eye sight prescriptions to complex chronic conditions and retina surgeries, we ensure your eye health is in safe hands. We offer the following services:
- Cornea and corneal crosslinking
- Refractive: ICL implantation or phakic intraocular lens surgery
- Cataract surgeries (Adult and Paediatric)
- Phacoemulsification (Micro-Incision Technique) and Implantation of Toric, Monofocal, Multifocal and Toric Multifocal Lenses, also clear lens extraction
- Glaucoma services: screening and management
- Vitreoretinal services: medical and surgical retina. Angiography, ocular ultrasound, OCT Imaging, Cryopexy, laser photocoagulation, intravitreal injections, simple and complex vitreoretinal surgeries
- Retinopathy of prematurity screening and management
- Diabetic Retinopathy screening and management of its complications
- Strabismus (Squint) services
- Pediatric Ophthalmology consultation
- Strabismus (Squint) services (both Pediatric and Adult ocular motility disorders)
- Refraction: adults, and children with Eyeglass Prescription
- Oculoplastic services: Minor lid surgeries. (Other major surgeries are done by a plastic surgeon)
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Sivakami A Pai is a Vitreo-retinal surgeon with 20 years of experience in Ophthalmology. She is expert in medical and surgical management of Vitreo-retinal diseases. She has been practicing in UAE since 9 years and worked in reputed government and private hospitals.
- Dr. Gurdeep Singh, originally from India, graduated with a Bachelor degree in Medicine with honors. After finishing a three-year ophthalmology residency followed by a fellowship in Pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus at the Aravind Eye Hospital the largest eye care system in the world. After finishing his fellowship he joined as a medical consultant in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus in Aravind Eye Hospital where he held a teaching post and gained advanced experience in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus and adult Laser Cataract surgery and Laser Lacrimal surgery.
- Dr. Vladimir Tchouprine has more than 30 years' intensive medical experience as an ophthalmic surgeon with significant accomplishments in developing new surgical techniques and tools, as a result improving quality and medical results of operations.
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai adopts Artificially Intelligence powered platforms to elevate patient driven communication and access to care Patients can now book instantly through WhatsApp