According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the leading cause of death last year was ischaemic heart disease, or coronary artery disease, which usually results
What Is Psychiatry?
Psychiatry is a specialty targeting the mental health of population to improve the quality of life
Psychiatrists are qualified to assess both the mental and physical aspects of psychological problems.
People seek psychiatric help for many reasons such as: “Feeling of Sadness, hopelessness, loss of interest, disturbed sleep and appetite, poor attention and concentration, excessive worry, irritability, hearing voices, suspiciousness, poor social communication, impulsivity, hyperactivity, poor school or work performance, behavioral disturbances, memory disturbance.
What is the psychiatric assessment?
A psychiatric assessment includes assessing complaints and history from the patient as well as examination of mental status, and psychological tests, along with the physical examination, laboratory tests, and neurological imaging when needed.
At AZHD our Psychiatry Department offers the following range of services for both adults and children:
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Psychosis and schizophrenia
- Personality disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Social anxiety
- Alcohol dependence
- Alzheimer and other dementias
- Marital counseling
- Eating disorders
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Conduct disorder
- Mood disorder
- Separation anxiety
- Learning disabilities
- Other developmental disorders
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Tahir is an American Board Certified in Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) and qualified as a General (Adult) Psychiatrist. Before relocating to Dubai, in 2011, He served as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at New York Presbyterian Hospital, the University Hospital of Columbia, and Cornell University (USA). He also worked as an Assistant Unit Chief, leading the multidisciplinary treatment team at USA’s New York Presbyterian Hospital – Westchester Division. He completed his adult psychiatry residency training at Creedmoor Psychiatric Center (affiliated with Columbia University) and his child/adolescent psychiatry fellowship at Weill Cornell University Hospital in New York (USA).
A sixty-eight-year-old Indian man undergoes rare life saving procedure after 90% arterial calcified blockage Intravascular lithotripsy opens the door for some difficult heart cases with