An Indian lady suffering from a rare swallowing disorder has found relief at a Dubai hospital after years of discomfort and pain. For more than
What is General Surgery?
Our General Surgery Services at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai include:
Fields of expertise:
Vascular surgery services:
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Mahmoud Tabbal is a Board Certified Consultant General Surgeon with more than 19 years of experience in USA, Canada, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. Most recently, he worked as the head of Hepatobiliary Surgery at King Fahad Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Tabbal is Jordanian board certified in general surgery and has received his advanced sub speciality training in USA and Canada through the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) and the American Hepatopancreatobiliary Association (AHPBA). He is an active member in numerous societies, committees and associations including the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the International HepatoPancreatoBiliary Association (IHPBA).
- Dr. Taghreed Almahmeed is an American board-certified surgeon and member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. In 2016, after a decade of hands-on practice across the United States, she joined the AZHD team as a Consultant General Surgeon and distinguished member of Al Zahra Cancer Center's multidisciplinary tumor board for breast cancer patients. Dr. Taghreed specializes in breast surgery and oncoplastic breast procedures with minimally invasive techniques.
- Dr. Cipe is a Professor of Surgery. He is a European and Turkish Board-certified General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 1999, at Sisli Etfal Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul - Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there.
- Dr. Muharrem Oner is a Turkish Board-certified Specialist General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 2008, at International Acibadem Hospital, Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there. Dr. Oner has conducted more than 2500 surgeries independently, including oncology surgeries, serving over 600 patients monthly. He developed a special interest in Endcorine Surgery including Thyroidectomy and Parathyroidectomy. He is an expert in laparoscopic surgery.
- Dr. Sayad received his medical degrees from St. Joseph University, Beirut. He completed his General Surgery residency training at Staten Island University Hospital in New York, USA, Subsequently, he completed a subspecialty fellowship training in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery at the same institution under the tutelage of Dr. George Ferzli, a pioneer in this field. Dr. Sayad authored multiple medical publications in peer reviewed journals and he was a speaker in many international surgical meetings.
- Dr. Sabah Al Wazer has over 28 years experience, 12 of which he worked in Rashid Hospital, while the rest split between Canada, Dubai and Iraq. He is a professional expert in Laparoscopic Surgeries, Proctology and management of major surgical trauma. He has carried out over 10,000 successful surgeries during his career, and holds a master degree in general surgery from Iraq.
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function