Neurology is the branch of medicine that deals with the nervous system, which include the brain, blood vessels, muscles and nerves.
A neurologist is a doctor specializing in diagnosing, treating, and managing disorders of the brain and nervous system including, but not limited to, Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), concussion, epilepsy, migraine, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and stroke.
Most Neurological disorders are chronic or long terms and require close monitoring of the disease and and long term treatment.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, our Neurology Department offers the following range of services:
- Cerebrovascular disease, such as stroke
- Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Headache disorders such as migraine
- Infections of the brain and peripheral nervous system
- Movement disorders, such as Parkinson’s disease
- Neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Seizure disorders, such as epilepsy
- Spinal cord disorders
- Speech and language disorders
- Behavioral disorders
- Neuro-oncology, Brain cancer & more
Tests and Procedures
- BOTOX injections for Migraines, headaches and Muscle Spasms
- MRI & CT scans
- Sleep Studies
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Our neurologists work closely with out Neurosurgery team to devise the best treatment plans for our patients. In some cases where malignancies or benign tumors are present, patients might have to undergo brain surgery.
To find out more about our brain surgical procedures, please visit