A 35-year-old man successfully recovers from a heart attack with 100% arterial blockage at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai. The patient was brought back to a stable condition in just 19 minutes starting from the time he arrived at the hospital.
What is Neurology?
Neurology is the branch of medicine that deals with the nervous system, which include the brain, blood vessels, muscles and nerves.
A neurologist is a doctor specializing in diagnosing, treating, and managing disorders of the brain and nervous system including, but not limited to, Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), concussion, epilepsy, migraine, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and stroke.
Most Neurological disorders are chronic or long terms and require close monitoring of the disease and and long term treatment.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, our Neurology Department offers the following range of services:
- Cerebrovascular disease, such as stroke
- Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Headache disorders such as migraine
- Infections of the brain and peripheral nervous system
- Movement disorders, such as Parkinson’s disease
- Neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Seizure disorders, such as epilepsy
- Spinal cord disorders
- Speech and language disorders
- Behavioral disorders
- Neuro-oncology, Brain cancer & more
Tests and Procedures
- BOTOX injections for Migraines, headaches and Muscle Spasms
- MRI & CT scans
- Sleep Studies
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Our neurologists work closely with out Neurosurgery team to devise the best treatment plans for our patients. In some cases where malignancies or benign tumors are present, patients might have to undergo brain surgery.
To find out more about our brain surgical procedures, please visit
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Ahmed Moussa, a renowned consultant in Neurology, brings over 20 years of dedicated experience in managing and treating neurological disorders. A proud alumnus of Cairo University Hospital, Dr. Moussa graduated in 2000, subsequently enriching his expertise with a Master's degree in Neurology and Psychiatry. His academic journey culminated in earning a Ph.D. in Neurology in 2011.
- Dr. Tamer Zedan is an Egyptian Board-Certified Specialist Neurologist with over 15 years of experience. He completed his medical degree in Neurology in Alexandria university, Egypt, and is a member of several communities and organizations including the American Academy of Neurology and World Stroke Organization. Through his extensive experience Dr. Zedan can handle all Neurological Emergencies from stroke and multiple sclerosis care management to epilepsy and seizures.
- Dr. Miguel is a highly accomplished neurologist who completed his residency program in Neurology at Hospital Del Mar in Barcelona, Spain from 2009 to 2013. During his training, he also had an educational period at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois.
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the leading cause of death last year was ischaemic heart disease, or coronary artery disease, which usually results
A sixty-eight-year-old Indian man undergoes rare life saving procedure after 90% arterial calcified blockage Intravascular lithotripsy opens the door for some difficult heart cases with