The middle part of your pregnancy is called the second trimester. It is made up of week 14 through week 27. During this period, your
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Obstetrics & Gynecology at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai
Welcome to the Obstetrics and Gynecology department at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, where comprehensive care meets luxury to ensure a unique and comforting experience for all women. At the heart of our services, we blend the expertise of specialized practitioners with advanced medical practices, making us a leading choice for women’s health in Dubai.
Our Commitment to Maternal Health and Beyond.
Obstetrics: Nurturing Life from the Start
Obstetrics is at the forefront of what we do. Our dedicated team embraces the journey of pregnancy with you, from antenatal care through to postnatal support. Since 2013, we’ve proudly offered pioneering water birthing services in Dubai, exemplifying our commitment to providing choices that cater to the diverse needs of our community.
Our obstetric services are comprehensive, including:
Our team is comprised of:
- In-house Ob-Gyn Doctors
- Community-Based Doctors with privileges at Al Zahra Hospital
- Resident Medical Officers (RMOs) available around the clock
Gynecology: Specialized Care for Women
Gynecology isn’t just a practice area for us—it’s a commitment to women’s health at every stage. Whether it’s routine checkups, addressing reproductive health concerns, or providing surgical care, our gynecological experts are equipped to offer exceptional care 24/7.
Our gynecology services include:
We are proud to house a team of culturally diverse and board-certified doctors, providing services that reflect the multicultural population of the UAE. Arabic and Western-trained professionals come together to deliver care that is not only expert but also familiar and comfortable for all our patients.
Why Choose Us?
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai stands apart not only for its medical excellence but for the luxurious experience it provides. Our unique maternity suites and patient-centric approach ensure a stay that is as comfortable as it is therapeutic.
At every step, we employ state-of-the-art technologies and the latest medical techniques to ensure that all women receive the special care they need. From the joy of childbirth to the complexities of gynecological health, we are here to support, heal, and celebrate women at all phases of their life.
We invite you to experience the integrated, empathetic, and high-quality care offered by our Obstetrics and Gynecology department at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai.
Meet Our Team
- Dr. Khaled Kouteich is a French Board-Certified Consultant in Gynecology, Graduated from Paris 5 University in 2002. He moved to U.A.E in 2009 and specializes in Gynecological Oncology. Known as one of the best Gynecological Oncologists in his field, Dr. Kouteich treats his patients through advanced medical care, respect & empathy.
- Dr. Soliman has over 30 years of experience in Obstetrics Gynecology. She has extensive experience in the United Kingdom, Working there for over 15 Years. She had participated in teaching and examining medical students at Lancaster University, United Kingdom, and holds over 6 Years of experience in Saudia Arabia.
- Dr. Dornan is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a sub-specialty in Maternal Fetal Medicine. Furthermore, she is the first female specialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of London to come to Dubai. Her primary goal is to normalize and personalize the experience for each patient and their family, so they can be assured that even though their unborn baby may have a potential birth defect, expert help can be found.
- Dr Amal Aburawi is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist who trained and worked in New Zealand and UK Hospitals . She gained her Fellowship from the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists .
- Dr. Deina Elshourbagy is a Specialist Obstetrics and Gynaecology with vast experience. She has previously worked in prominent hospitals, providing superior patient centered care for all women. She has a wide variety of skills, allowing her to treat numerous conditions in her respective field from high-risk pregnancies and obstetrical complications to labor and delivery.
- High risk pregnancy management and delivery, Cervical cancer screening and colposcopy, Hysteroscopy- diagnostic and therapeutic, Laparoscopy Diagnosis and treatment – Ectopic Pregnancy, Ovarian cyst, Endometriosis, Hystrectomy, Benign Gynecological surgery- Abdominal / Vaginal hysterectomy and repair for prolapse.
- Dr. Nirmala has 25 years of experience in Obstetric sand Gynaecology with 20 + years of experience in UAE. Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (UK). Registered as Specialist with the Australian Medical Council. Certified in Ob/Gyn ultrasound from Jefferson University USA.
- Dr. Simon Morkos is a Specialist Obstetrician and Genecologist with more than 25 years’ experience allowing him to provide excellent care. Additionally, he has worked in numerous prominent hospitals around the world including Lebanon, France, Russia, Spain and UAE. Dr. Simon is highly skilled in his respective field and continuously upgrades his knowledge and skills to offer the latest procedures and techniques.
- Dr. Mustafa Aldam is a renowned specialist Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a successful track record over 12 years of experience dealing in a High Risk Pregnancies, acquiring his Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology from JMC.
- Dr. Jozsa has 19 years of experience in Gynaecology and Obstetrics. He graduated from Semmelweis University of Medicine, Hungary in 1992, then continued his studies in Germany at the University of Ulm.
- Dr. Al-Ojaimi is a consultant in obstetrics and gynecology since 1996. Dr. Al-Ojaimi worked in Salmaniya Medical Complex (SMC) at Kingdom of Bahrain, and in different hospitals in UK. She was the Medical Education Coordinator in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at SMC, Kingdom of Bahrain, Arabian Gulf (1996-1998), and Chairperson, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, SMC, Kingdom of Bahrain, Arabian Gulf in 2000. She holds the position of Consultant, Obstetrics and Gynaecology at SMC, Kingdom of Bahrain, Arabian Gulf (1996-2010). She worked in Dubai, UAE at Dubai Hospital as Consultant and Head, Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2010-2012). And at Dr Sulaiman Al Habib Medical Group as Consultant, Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2013-2014).
- Dr. Christelle Abboud is a French Gynecologist and Obstetrician. Born in Lebanon, she graduated from Saint-Joseph University in Beirut. She completed her post-graduate training in Hotel-Dieu de France Hospital in Lebanon. She then pursued her sub-specialties in leading healthcare institutions in France, such as Institut Curie in Paris (oncologic gynecology and breast surgery), Antoine Bécleère Hospital in Clamart (management of high-risk pregnancies), and Lyon Sud Hospital in Lyon (oncologic gynecology and vaginal surgery).
- Dr. Ikhlas Muhsin is an experienced Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with over 20 years of experience in the field. She has worked for both the public and private sectors in Dubai, tutor for students in the Dubai Medical College, and furthermore holds medical experience in Jordan and Libya.