What is Obstetrics?
Obstetrics is the field of medicine that investigates everything related to pregnancy and maternity from the antenatal and pregnancy period to delivery and after care.
Our multifaceted team of Obstetricians offer world class integrative care, utilizing the latest techniques and services, giving all parents-to-be a memorable experience. With an impressive level of practice, our team offers the complete package to ensure that both the mother and her little one receive the special care they need for optimal health and safe delivery.
AL Zahra Hospital Dubai was the first hospital in Dubai to provide water birthing services since 2013.
Not only does our team provide the complete package to ensure that both the mother and her little one receive the special care they need, but we also offer a luxurious experience with our unique maternity suites.
The obstetrics and gynecology department at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai comprises of doctors with different educational boards as well as Arabic and Western trained doctors to cover the multicultural population of the UAE.
Types of Obstetricians at AZHD
Obstetric Services Provided at AZHD Include
Obstetric Services Provided at AZHD Include
Meet Our Team
- Dr. Soliman has over 30 years of experience in Obstetrics Gynecology. She has extensive experience in the United Kingdom, Working there for over 15 Years. She had participated in teaching and examining medical students at Lancaster University, United Kingdom, and holds over 6 Years of experience in Saudia Arabia.
- Dr. Dornan is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a sub-specialty in Maternal Fetal Medicine. Furthermore, she is the first female specialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of London to come to Dubai. Her primary goal is to normalize and personalize the experience for each patient and their family, so they can be assured that even though their unborn baby may have a potential birth defect, expert help can be found.
- Dr. Deina Elshourbagy is a Specialist Obstetrics and Gynaecology with vast experience. She has previously worked in prominent hospitals, providing superior patient centered care for all women. She has a wide variety of skills, allowing her to treat numerous conditions in her respective field from high-risk pregnancies and obstetrical complications to labor and delivery.
- Dr. Nirmala has 25 years of experience in Obstetric sand Gynaecology with 20 + years of experience in UAE. Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (UK). Registered as Specialist with the Australian Medical Council. Certified in Ob/Gyn ultrasound from Jefferson University USA.
- High risk pregnancy management and delivery, Cervical cancer screening and colposcopy, Hysteroscopy- diagnostic and therapeutic, Laparoscopy Diagnosis and treatment – Ectopic Pregnancy, Ovarian cyst, Endometriosis, Hystrectomy, Benign Gynecological surgery- Abdominal / Vaginal hysterectomy and repair for prolapse.
- Dr. Christelle Abboud is a French Gynecologist and Obstetrician. Born in Lebanon, she graduated from Saint-Joseph University in Beirut. She completed her post-graduate training in Hotel-Dieu de France Hospital in Lebanon. She then pursued her sub-specialties in leading healthcare institutions in France, such as Institut Curie in Paris (oncologic gynecology and breast surgery), Antoine Bécleère Hospital in Clamart (management of high-risk pregnancies), and Lyon Sud Hospital in Lyon (oncologic gynecology and vaginal surgery).
- Dr. Al-Ojaimi is a consultant in obstetrics and gynecology since 1996. Dr. Al-Ojaimi worked in Salmaniya Medical Complex (SMC) at Kingdom of Bahrain, and in different hospitals in UK. She was the Medical Education Coordinator in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at SMC, Kingdom of Bahrain, Arabian Gulf (1996-1998), and Chairperson, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, SMC, Kingdom of Bahrain, Arabian Gulf in 2000. She holds the position of Consultant, Obstetrics and Gynaecology at SMC, Kingdom of Bahrain, Arabian Gulf (1996-2010). She worked in Dubai, UAE at Dubai Hospital as Consultant and Head, Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2010-2012). And at Dr Sulaiman Al Habib Medical Group as Consultant, Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2013-2014).
- Dr. Ikhlas Muhsin is an experienced Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with over 20 years of experience in the field. She has worked for both the public and private sectors in Dubai, tutor for students in the Dubai Medical College, and furthermore holds medical experience in Jordan and Libya.
- Dr. Simon Morkos is a Specialist Obstetrician and Genecologist with more than 25 years’ experience allowing him to provide excellent care. Additionally, he has worked in numerous prominent hospitals around the world including Lebanon, France, Russia, Spain and UAE. Dr. Simon is highly skilled in his respective field and continuously upgrades his knowledge and skills to offer the latest procedures and techniques.
- Dr. Mustafa Aldam is a renowned specialist Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a successful track record over 12 years of experience dealing in a High Risk Pregnancies, acquiring his Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology from JMC.
- Dr. Jozsa has 19 years of experience in Gynaecology and Obstetrics. He graduated from Semmelweis University of Medicine, Hungary in 1992, then continued his studies in Germany at the University of Ulm.
- Dr. Khaled Kouteich is a French Board-Certified Consultant in Gynecology, Graduated from Paris 5 University in 2002. He moved to U.A.E in 2009 and specializes in Gynecological Oncology. Known as one of the best Gynecological Oncologists in his field, Dr. Kouteich treats his patients through advanced medical care, respect & empathy.
Welcome to your last phase of pregnancy! Your checkups will be once every 2 weeks till 36 weeks, then weekly till the delivery which is