An Indian lady suffering from a rare swallowing disorder has found relief at a Dubai hospital after years of discomfort and pain. For more than
Complex and Minimally Invasive Surgery
Welcome to your destination for advanced complex surgical procedures, including cancer surgery and weight loss solutions. Our experienced surgical team uses cutting-edge minimally invasive and robotic techniques to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients. We provide the highest level of care and attention, from pre-operative consultations to post-operative follow-up. When it comes to your health and wellbeing, trust the experts at Al Zahra Hospital to deliver exceptional surgical services with the utmost precision and care.
Complex Surgery in Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, your destination for safe, comprehensive, and advanced surgery in the heart of Dubai.
Complex surgery is a type of surgery that involves intricate procedures performed on critical organs or structures in the body (neck, lung, esophagus, liver, pancreas, deep pelvic structures….).
These surgeries are often difficult and require great skill and expertise to carry out. They often demand a significant number of resources, including specialized equipment, an expert team of surgeons, and meticulous planning and execution. Our team has collective experience of more than 100 years in dealing with these cases. It is our passion and obligation to look after and serve patients in their journey requiring complex or cancer surgery.
In complex surgery, surgeons must assess and manage complex, sometimes multiple, medical problems simultaneously. Careful planning, as well as rigorous monitoring of the patient’s condition during surgery, is crucial to ensure success.
The team in Al Zahra hospital performs complex surgery on all major oncological diagnosis and redo surgery that is lifesaving and valuable form of medical treatment that demands expert skills, intense planning, teamwork, and resources to achieve successful outcomes.
Patients in need of such procedures are carefully evaluated to ensure they are excellent candidates, and the surgeries are conducted in a specialized environment with care, empathy, professionalism, and expertise; every patient is one of our own family.
Our Complex and Minimally Invasive Surgery Services at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai include:
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Ali is a distinguished physician who has received the Dubai Health Care City Distinguished Excellence Physician Award in 2019 for his exceptional contribution in promoting advanced & complex surgery services in the UAE. He is widely renowned for providing compassionate care to his patients suffering from cancer and for his expertise in performing complex surgical procedures of the Thoracic (lung and chest), Upper GI (Stomach and Esophagus), and surgical oncology (Liver, Adrenal, Solid Organs & Sarcoma) cases in Dubai and the UAE.
- Dr. Cipe is a Professor of Surgery. He is a European and Turkish Board-certified General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 1999, at Sisli Etfal Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul - Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there.
- Dr. Mahmoud Tabbal is a Board Certified Consultant General Surgeon with more than 19 years of experience in USA, Canada, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. Most recently, he worked as the head of Hepatobiliary Surgery at King Fahad Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Tabbal is Jordanian board certified in general surgery and has received his advanced sub speciality training in USA and Canada through the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) and the American Hepatopancreatobiliary Association (AHPBA). He is an active member in numerous societies, committees and associations including the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the International HepatoPancreatoBiliary Association (IHPBA).
- Dr. Maher A. Abbas is an internationally known colorectal and gastrointestinal surgeon with 28 years of experience in medicine and surgery. To date he has conducted more than 18,000 operations and procedures. He is the recipient of 29 honor awards including America’s Top Surgeons, America’s most compassionate Doctors, Super Doctors of Southern California, and Los Angeles Magazine Top Doctors. He is professor of surgery and he is senior examiner of the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery.
- Dr Hosam Al-Qudah is a Board Certified consultant Urologist with Fellowship training from the United States of America. He has Jordanian and Arab Board of Urology since 2003 and 2004 respectively. Dr Hosam started his residency training in in 1998 at Jordan University of Science and Technology and the American University Hospital in Beirut. He then moved to the United States of America to have subspecialty training in Reconstructive Urology from Wayne State University and Transplant Surgery in University of Maryland. He did his third fellowship in Uro-Oncology and advanced Laparoscopy at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida from July 2006 until June 2007.
- Dr. Mohamed Okelah is a Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon with more than 16 years of experience. He completed his medical degree and MD in Ain Shams University, Egypt, and obtained two fellowships of Peripheral Endovascular Intervention and Brunkwal Cologne Aortic Grafting, Germany. Additionally, Dr. Okelah is the co-founder of the Emirates Vascular Surgery Society and was elected general secretary of the Emirates Vascular Surgery Society.
- Dr. Alkasab started his career and training as a Uro-oncologist at Princess Margaret Cancer Center / University Health Network / University of Toronto, Canada in 2011, gaining a very comprehensive experience in diagnosing and managing (medically and surgically) Prostate Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Bladder Cancer and Testicular Cancer. He has two fellowships in Uro-oncology (clinical and research). Dr. Alkasab is a highly trained Surgeon in Robotic Surgery of the Prostate and PLND, completing his training in Princess Margaret Cancer Center, one of most famous Cancer Centers in the whole world of Cancer Institutions and the North American Society of Uro-oncology.
- Dr. Al Rifai is an adjunct assistant professor in many international and national medical colleges, a member of royal college of surgeon in Ireland. He is Syrian board certified with more than 25 years' experience in the field of open and advanced laparoscopic surgery, and 20 years in bariatric surgery in several academic hospitals.
- Dr. Mohammed Shahait is an experienced urologist with 13 years of practice in urology. He completed his residency at the American University Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon, followed by two fellowships in Advanced Robotic Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania and Endourology, Laparoscopic, and Robotic Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in the USA.
- Dr Mazzei worked as a Specialist General Surgeon in different Italian Hospitals (Milan and Lecco). He also worked, for a long time, in one of the most well-reputed Wound Care Department, in Monza (Italy) treating patients with diabetic foot and vascular ulcers performing different kind of surgical procedures and using other techniques as NPWT. He performed more than 1000 surgical procedures for wound care in his career. Starting from October 2017 to present he was appointed as a trusted doctor by the Consulate General of Italy in Dubai.
- Dr. Khaled Kouteich is a French Board-Certified Consultant in Gynecology, Graduated from Paris 5 University in 2002. He moved to U.A.E in 2009 and specializes in Gynecological Oncology. Known as one of the best Gynecological Oncologists in his field, Dr. Kouteich treats his patients through advanced medical care, respect & empathy.
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function