Dubai – September 2020 – A 68-year-old Indian man suffered a severe heart attack on early this September. After being rushed to a nearby hospital,
What is Pediatrics?
Pediatrics is the medical specialty that deals with the health of your children from birth to 16 years of age. Pediatricians deal with a multitude of health conditions including acute and chronic diseases, developmental issues, subspecialized pediatric care and more.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai we place the highest importance on the heath of your child and peace of mind. We offer Pediatric Care by board certified International Pediatricians as well as Highly Subspecialized Care for your little ones in Endocrinology, Orthopedics, Nephrology and Neurology.
Our Expert Pediatricians treat many children’s health conditions including but not limited to:
- Abdominal Pain & Gastrointestinal Issues
- Child Development Assessment
- Chronic Disease
- Cold & Flu
- Well-Baby Care / Well Child Check Up
- Developmental Delay
- ENT Infections
- Headache and Related Neurological Complaints
- Health Education and Promotion
- Juvenile Diabetes
- School Entrance Physical / Sport Physical Examination
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Loai Eid completed Pediatric and Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship programs from the United States of America. He is certified from both the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Pediatric Nephrology. His educational qualifications include the American Board of Pediatrics and Pediatric Nephrology, Fellowship of American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellowship of American Society of Pediatric Nephrology and Masters of Science in Health Science.
- Dr. Hussein is a Pediatrician and Neonatologist at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai. He graduated from Damascus University and is a Board certified in Pediatrics and Neonatology from Syria. He achieved his fellowship and membership from International Society for Quality in Healthcare ISQua. Dr. Hussein pursued MSc in Healthcare Management from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland RCSI. He has a certificate in Quality and Safety from the Institute for Health Improvement IHI. and shows a particular interest and skills in healthcare quality, patient safety, clinical audit, research, and global projects that are improving health outcomes.
- Dr. Nagwa has over 30 years experience in the pediatric field in different hospitals and clinics in Egypt and Dubai, She has been working for the last 10 years in Dubai and prior in the eminent teaching hospitals in Cairo, Egypt. She covers a wide range of Paediatric health conditions while treating her little patients and their families with utmost empathy and professionalism.
- Dr. Nakhlawi Previously held the following posts: Chairman of the Pediatric Institute and Pediatric Consultant at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City – Cleveland Clinic – Abu Dhabi. UAE International expert and Consultant for the UNISEF in the area of Child abuse and Neglect Prevention and Child Rights and Advocacy. Consultant in Pediatrics and Neonatology at the American Hospital Dubai – UAE CEO Alexandria Pediatrics, LLC, Alexandria, LA USA. Director of Medical Service at Pinecrest Developmental Center at Pineville, LA. USA. Professor of Pediatrics and Adolescents Medicine at Tulane University, School of Medicine – New Orleans Louisiana. Professor of Pediatrics at Louisiana State University, LA USA Adjunct faculty at Cleveland Clinic, OH USA.
- Dr. Shafiqa obtained her Medical Degree from Kuwait University (Faculty Of Medicine), and started her Medical Training in Dubai in 1990 followed by Specialization in Pediatrics. She holds over 30 years od experience.
- 20 years of experience in Pediatrics and Neonatology. Attend all pediatric patients, 0-16 years, for well child as well as sick visits, vaccinations and developmental delays. Special interest in pediatric respiratory disorders.
- Dr. Abiary received his training in Ain Shams University hospitals in Cairo. Following this he moved to UK where he received further training in Neonatal, General and Pediatric Endocrinology at the University of Glasgow. He held different positions in UK and practiced as a consultant pediatrician in charge of Diabetes and Endocrinology division in Edinburgh and East Sussex for almost 9 years. He moved to Abu Dhabi in 2003, held different positions as head of Pediatric Department at various reputed Private and Public Medical entities in U.A.E.
- Dr. Zaheeruddin holds over 30 years of experience in the field of pediatrics. he offers advanced pediatrics care for children of all ages and holds a plethora of qualifications in various sub-specialties of pediatrics
- Dr. Aman Sohal is a Consultant Pediatric Neurologist and Adjunct Associate Professor of Pediatric Neurology at MBRU Dubai. Dr. Sohal was awarded Completion of Certified Training (CCT) in Pediatric Neurology and Pediatrics by the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health in 2012. Dr. Sohal is one of the very few Pediatric Neurologists in the U.K who also trained in Pediatric Neurophysiology as a post CCT fellow. Due to his additional experience, he is proficient in interpreting and carrying out pediatric EEG’s, Nerve conduction study and Needle Electromyography.
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai adopts Artificially Intelligence powered platforms to elevate patient driven communication and access to care Patients can now book instantly through WhatsApp