What is Pediatrics?
Pediatrics is the medical specialty that deals with the health of your children from birth to 16 years of age. Pediatricians deal with a multitude of health conditions including acute and chronic diseases, developmental issues, subspecialized pediatric care and more.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai we place the highest importance on the heath of your child and peace of mind. We offer Pediatric Care by board certified International Pediatricians as well as Highly Subspecialized Care for your little ones in Endocrinology, Orthopedics, Nephrology and Neurology.
Our Expert Pediatricians treat many children’s health conditions including but not limited to:
- Abdominal Pain & Gastrointestinal Issues
- Child Development Assessment
- Chronic Disease
- Cold & Flu
- Well-Baby Care / Well Child Check Up
- Developmental Delay
- ENT Infections
- Headache and Related Neurological Complaints
- Health Education and Promotion
- Juvenile Diabetes
- School Entrance Physical / Sport Physical Examination
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Experienced Board Certified Pediatrician with over 20 years experience. Dr. Mousa provides integrated medical care to children 34 weeks and above.
- Dr Mahesh Katre is a UK Board certified, Consultant Pediatrician with a special interest in pediatric allergy with over 13 years of experience. Before joining Al-Zahra Hospital, Dubai, he worked as a Consultant Pediatrician with a special interest in Allergy at Royal Cornwall Hospital NHS Trust, UK.
- Dr. Nagwa has over 30 years experience in the pediatric field in different hospitals and clinics in Egypt and Dubai, She has been working for the last 10 years in Dubai and prior in the eminent teaching hospitals in Cairo, Egypt. She covers a wide range of Paediatric health conditions while treating her little patients and their families with utmost empathy and professionalism.
- Dr Haitham have had the privilege of working in a variety of settings, from a leading teaching hospital in Cairo, Egypt, to one of the biggest private hospitals in Saudi Arabia, and most recently, one of the biggest private hospitals in Dubai, UAE. During his 19 years of experience as a pediatrician and neonatologist, he had the opportunity to work with a wide range of pediatric subspecialties.
- As a Neonatologist, Dr. Patil has spent significant time working in prestigious neonatal intensive care units (NICUs), caring for fragile premature infants and critically ill newborns. His adeptness in managing high-risk neonatal cases, along with his profound understanding of the delicate needs of newborns, has been instrumental in saving lives and ensuring positive outcomes for even the tiniest patients
- Dr. Reham's impressive journey began in Egypt, where she earned her Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from Tanta University in 2007. She excelled as a pediatrician at Tanta University Hospital, ranking at the top of her class. Her dedication led to her appointment as a lecturer in the Pediatric Department at the College of Medicine, Tanta University, Egypt.
- Dr. Loai Eid completed Pediatric and Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship programs from the United States of America. He is certified from both the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Pediatric Nephrology. His educational qualifications include the American Board of Pediatrics and Pediatric Nephrology, Fellowship of American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellowship of American Society of Pediatric Nephrology and Masters of Science in Health Science.
- Dr. Heba Ghazy is a Specialist Pediatrician and a member of the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, UK. With over 15 years of experience, she is extensively skilled in her field with interests in congenital and acquired heart disease, arrhythmia, rheumatic heart disease, chest pain and non-interventional cardiac procedures. She has worked with well-respected hospitals and a university as the director of Pediatric Cardiology as well as a lecturer of Pediatrics.
- Dr. Shafiqa obtained her Medical Degree from Kuwait University (Faculty Of Medicine), and started her Medical Training in Dubai in 1990 followed by Specialization in Pediatrics. She holds over 30 years od experience.
- Dr. Layla Almarzooqi is a German Board-Certified Consultant Pediatric Endocrinologist with more than 15 years of experience. Through her many years of training and practice in the UAE and Europe, she can treat all conditions related to Endocrinology and Diabetes in children. She graduated from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland School of Medicine and Surgery and trained at the LMU University Clinic in Munich, Germany.
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function