What is Pediatrics?
Pediatrics is the medical specialty that deals with the health of your children from birth to 16 years of age. Pediatricians deal with a multitude of health conditions including acute and chronic diseases, developmental issues, subspecialized pediatric care and more.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai we place the highest importance on the heath of your child and peace of mind. We offer Pediatric Care by board certified International Pediatricians as well as Highly Subspecialized Care for your little ones in Endocrinology, Orthopedics, Nephrology and Neurology.
Our Expert Pediatricians treat many children’s health conditions including but not limited to:
- Abdominal Pain & Gastrointestinal Issues
- Child Development Assessment
- Chronic Disease
- Cold & Flu
- Well-Baby Care / Well Child Check Up
- Developmental Delay
- ENT Infections
- Headache and Related Neurological Complaints
- Health Education and Promotion
- Juvenile Diabetes
- School Entrance Physical / Sport Physical Examination
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Amr Elzawahry is a distinguished Pediatrician with over 30 years of experience in the pediatric field. He started his practice and teaching career at the Ain Shams University Cairo. He continued his teaching career in Sohar Hospital University in Oman from 1996 till 2000. He Later became a Senior Specialist in Latifa Hospital, Dubai, covering the inpatient, outpatient, pediatric emergency, and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for 14 years. In 2014, he joined Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital as a Consultant Pediatrician under the Ministry of Presidential Affairs. His most recent position was as Head of Department at a prestigious UK Hospital.
- Dr. Shafiqa obtained her Medical Degree from Kuwait University (Faculty Of Medicine), and started her Medical Training in Dubai in 1990 followed by Specialization in Pediatrics. She holds over 30 years od experience.
- Dr. Nagwa has over 30 years experience in the pediatric field in different hospitals and clinics in Egypt and Dubai, She has been working for the last 10 years in Dubai and prior in the eminent teaching hospitals in Cairo, Egypt. She covers a wide range of Paediatric health conditions while treating her little patients and their families with utmost empathy and professionalism.
- Dr. Loai Eid completed Pediatric and Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship programs from the United States of America. He is certified from both the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Pediatric Nephrology. His educational qualifications include the American Board of Pediatrics and Pediatric Nephrology, Fellowship of American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellowship of American Society of Pediatric Nephrology and Masters of Science in Health Science.
- Dr. Hala Marouf, is a highly trained Pediatric consultant with over 20 years of experience in Pediatrics & Neonatology- from General pediatric care to intensive care by providing clinical skills to identify and treat early potential serious cases. Significant expertise and preference in Pediatric Pulmonology and children’s asthma.
- Dr. Heba Ghazy is a Specialist Pediatrician and a member of the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, UK. With over 15 years of experience, she is extensively skilled in her field with interests in congenital and acquired heart disease, arrhythmia, rheumatic heart disease, chest pain and non-interventional cardiac procedures. She has worked with well-respected hospitals and a university as the director of Pediatric Cardiology as well as a lecturer of Pediatrics.
- Dr. Layla Almarzooqi is a German Board-Certified Consultant Pediatric Endocrinologist with more than 15 years of experience. Through her many years of training and practice in the UAE and Europe, she can treat all conditions related to Endocrinology and Diabetes in children. She graduated from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland School of Medicine and Surgery and trained at the LMU University Clinic in Munich, Germany.
- Dr. Carlos Sanchez, Consultant Pediatrician, completed his bachelor’s degree in Medicine in 1992, with an extraordinary award for his qualifications. After completing his studies and receiving his medical degree, he worked for one year in the Spanish armed forces as a 2nd Lieutenant Doctor. Additionally, he did his Fellowship in Pediatrics from 1995 to 1998 in Cadiz University Hospital along with a Pediatric Allergies Fellowship from University Hospital “La Fe” in Valencia and learned about molecular techniques applied in allergy for 3 months in St Thomas Hospital, London.
- Dr Girish H C is a Consultant Pediatrician with more than 30 years of Experience in General Pediatrics & 25 years of Experience in Pediatric Critical Care. He has prior experience of working as a Consultant in four different countries- India, USA, UK & Singapore.
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function