What is Oncology?
Oncology or Cancer care is the branch of medicine that deals with the research study and treatment of malignant tumors.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai we offer extensive range of Cancer related services, from diagnostics to surgical interventions and medical treatments.
Our extensive team of specialized and subspecialized Oncologists are equipped with the latest advances in cancer care and offer world class oncological care to make sure you get the best chance at living a happy and fulfilling life. They bring the best cancer, and critical non-cancer care for all patients in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA.).
Whether patients need major interventions or SECOND OPINIONS our expert team is always ready to welcome you with open arms.
- THYROID & PARATHYROID
- BREAST CENTER
- ENDOCRINE CENTER
- GYNECOLOGICAL ONCOLOGY
- HEPATOBILIARY PANCREATIC
- THORACIC ONCOLOGY
- SURFACE MALIGNANCY HIPEC
- SARCOMA AND MELANOMA
- NEUROSURGERY AND SPINE ONCOLOGY
- COLORECTAL ONCOLOGY
- PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
- HEAD AND NECK ONCOLOGY
- PALLIATIVE CARE & PAIN MANAGEMENT
- RADIATION ONCOLOGY
- INTERVENTIONAL GASTROENTEROLOGY
- NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT
- INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY
- INTENSIVE CARE ONCOLOGY
- HYPERBARIC OXYGEN (HBOT)
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Mahmoud Tabbal is a Consultant General, Hepatobiliary & Transplant Surgeon with extensive experience in the field for more than 19 years in USA, Canada, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. Most recently, he worked as the head of Hepatobiliary Surgery at King Fahad Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Tabbal is Jordanian board certified in general surgery and has received his advanced sub speciality training in USA and Canada through the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) and the American Hepatopancreatobiliary Association (AHPBA). He is an active member in numerous societies, committees and associations including the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the International HepatoPancreatoBiliary Association (IHPBA)
- Dr. Chaudhri studied Medicine at the University of Cambridge and has been in clinical practice since 1992. He was comprehensively trained in cardiac and thoracic surgery in London and Scotland. He then super specialized in aortic, mitral and minimally invasive cardiac surgery and heart as well as lung transplantation during fellowships in Harefield and Freeman Hospitals in the UK and in MHH, Hannover, Germany. He has performed more than 5500 adult cardiac surgical operations and 900 major thoracic operations.
- Dr. Ed Ashtar is Triple American Board Certified, with more than 15 years of experience. He completed his fellowship in the USA in Medical Oncology and Hematology at the National Institutes of Health - Bethesda, Maryland. During that time, he was also the Chief of the Oncology fellows at NIH.
- Dr. Humaa is a South Africa Board Certified Specialist in General Surgery. Since she moved to the UAE in 2016, she has been working as a Specialist General Surgeon as a part of the Surgical Oncology Services Department at AZHD. Dr. Humaa is a member of Al Zahra Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary tumor board for breast cancer patients. She performs a wide range of breast cancer surgeries which include oncoplastic surgeries, sentinel lymph node biopsies with dual tracer marking, and Localizations for non-palpable breast lesions.
- Dr. Dorai Ramanathan is a highly qualified Oncologist from the United Kingdom with over 13 years’ experience in managing adult cancer patients. His expertises is in Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy for all adult solid tumors. His sites of special interest are Breast, Lung, Gynaecological and Colon cancer. He has experience in prescribing Chemotherapy, targeted treatment and Immunotherapy. He is also a qualified Radiation Oncologist from UK, and is an expert in delivering treatment in techniques such as IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy) and IGRT (Image Guided Radiotherapy).
- Dr. Muharrem Oner is a Turkish Board-certified Specialist General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 2008, at International Acibadem Hospital, Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there. Dr. Oner has conducted more than 2500 surgeries independently, including oncology surgeries, serving over 600 patients monthly. He developed a special interest in Endcorine Surgery including Thyroidectomy and Parathyroidectomy. He is an expert in laparoscopic surgery.
- Dr. Issam Alachkar is an European Board certified ENT Consultant with over 20 years of experience. He is an experienced Head and Neck Surgeon with remarkable clinical practice in diagnosing and treating diseases of the ears, nose, sinuses, larynx, mouth and throat and the structures of the neck and face. He is affliated to various medical associations including Inter-American Association of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery as well as Syrian Society of ENT and Head and Neck Surgery. He has attended many conferences, courses and symposia both local and international setting.
- Dr. Khaled Kouteich is a French Board-Certified Consultant in Gynecology, Graduated from Paris 5 University in 2002. He moved to U.A.E in 2009 and specializes in Gynecological Oncology. Known as one of the best Gynecological Oncologists in his field, Dr. Kouteich treats his patients through advanced medical care, respect & empathy.
- Dr. Al-Jumaily is an enthusiastic highly skilled Neurosurgeon with a cumulative clinical and research experience of more than 22 years in the UK, France, and UAE. His distinguished career combines academic professorship at Liverpool John Moores University clinical neurosurgery, leadership, and management practice, clinical research, and medical education program. He has published tens of journal articles and has given presentations at renowned International Conferences. Since 2019, he has been nominated as the Chairman of the Development and Academic Committees of the American Board of Regenerative Medicine.
- Dr. Cipe is a Professor of Surgery. He is a European and Turkish Board-certified General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 1999, at Sisli Etfal Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul - Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there.
- Dr. Alkasab started his career and training as a Uro-oncologist at Princess Margaret Cancer Center / University Health Network / University of Toronto, Canada in 2011, gaining a very comprehensive experience in diagnosing and managing (medically and surgically) Prostate Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Bladder Cancer and Testicular Cancer. He has two fellowships in Uro-oncology (clinical and research). Dr. Alkasab is a highly trained Surgeon In Robotic Surgery of the Prostate and PLND, completing his training in Princess Margaret Cancer Center, one of most famous Cancer Centers in the whole world of Cancer Institutions and the North American Society of Uro-oncology.
- Dr. Taghreed Almahmeed is an American board-certified surgeon and member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. In 2016, after a decade of hands-on practice across the United States, she joined the AZHD team as a Consultant General Surgeon and distinguished member of Al Zahra Cancer Center's multidisciplinary tumor board for breast cancer patients. Dr. Taghreed specializes in breast surgery and oncoplastic breast procedures with minimally invasive techniques.
- Dr Maher A. Abbas is an internationally known colorectal and gastrointestinal surgeon with 25 years of experience in medicine and surgery. To date he has conducted more than 15,000 operations and procedures. He is the recipient of 29 honor awards including America’s Top Surgeons, America’s most compassionate Doctors, Super Doctors of Southern California, and Los Angeles Magazine Top Doctors. He is professor of surgery and he is senior examiner of the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery.
Alternative weight loss solutions have recently been gaining popularity. They have made the process of excessive weight loss easier and in addition alternative weight loss solutions significantly improve the overall health and quality of life for those struggling with obesity or being overweight. A recent procedure that is now on the rise, is the Elipse Gastric Balloon procedure.