Dubai – September 2020 – A 68-year-old Indian man suffered a severe heart attack on early this September. After being rushed to a nearby hospital,
What is Oncology?
Oncology or Cancer care is the branch of medicine that deals with the research study and treatment of malignant tumors.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai we offer extensive range of Cancer related services, from diagnostics to surgical interventions and medical treatments.
Our extensive team of specialized and subspecialized Oncologists are equipped with the latest advances in cancer care and offer world class oncological care to make sure you get the best chance at living a happy and fulfilling life. They bring the best cancer, and critical non-cancer care for all patients in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA.).
Whether patients need major interventions or SECOND OPINIONS our expert team is always ready to welcome you with open arms.
- THYROID & PARATHYROID
- BREAST CENTER
- ENDOCRINE CENTER
- GYNECOLOGICAL ONCOLOGY
- HEPATOBILIARY PANCREATIC
- THORACIC ONCOLOGY
- SURFACE MALIGNANCY HIPEC
- SARCOMA AND MELANOMA
- NEUROSURGERY AND SPINE ONCOLOGY
- COLORECTAL ONCOLOGY
- PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
- HEAD AND NECK ONCOLOGY
- PALLIATIVE CARE & PAIN MANAGEMENT
- RADIATION ONCOLOGY
- INTERVENTIONAL GASTROENTEROLOGY
- NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY
- INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY
- INTENSIVE CARE ONCOLOGY
- HYPERBARIC OXYGEN (HBOT)
- ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Dorai Ramanathan is a highly qualified Oncologist from the United Kingdom with over 13 years’ experience in managing adult cancer patients. His expertises is in Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy for all adult solid tumors. His sites of special interest are Breast, Lung, Gynaecological and Colon cancer. He has experience in prescribing Chemotherapy, targeted treatment and Immunotherapy. He is also a qualified Radiation Oncologist from UK, and is an expert in delivering treatment in techniques such as IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy) and IGRT (Image Guided Radiotherapy).
- Dr. Abizer Kapadia is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon holding extensive experience in U.K, UAE and India. To follow his dreams of endowing self-confidence by enriching one’s beauty, Dr. Abizer undertook his MCh studies in Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery from the esteemed Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India. He pursued the course on DNB – Plastic Surgery from the National Board of Examinations (NBE), an autonomous body under India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. In addition, Dr. Abizer also effectuated his Microsurgical Reconstruction Fellowship from the acclaimed Tata Medical Center, Kolkata, India.
- Dr. Khaled Kouteich is a French Board-Certified Consultant in Gynecology, Graduated from Paris 5 University in 2002. He moved to U.A.E in 2009 and specializes in Gynecological Oncology. Known as one of the best Gynecological Oncologists in his field, Dr. Kouteich treats his patients through advanced medical care, respect & empathy.
- Dr. Christelle Abboud is a French Gynecologist and Obstetrician. Born in Lebanon, she graduated from Saint-Joseph University in Beirut. She completed her post-graduate training in Hotel-Dieu de France Hospital in Lebanon. She then pursued her sub-specialties in leading healthcare institutions in France, such as Institut Curie in Paris (oncologic gynecology and breast surgery), Antoine Bécleère Hospital in Clamart (management of high-risk pregnancies), and Lyon Sud Hospital in Lyon (oncologic gynecology and vaginal surgery).
- Dr. Andreas Appelt is a German-trained Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon. He has more than 30 years of experience in the conservative and operative treatment of orthopedic conditions. He has treated a wide spectrum of spinal and joint cases with minimally invasive procedures and performed arthroscopic operations of the knees and shoulders, and knee and hip replacements. For more than five years, Dr. Appelt worked in University Clinic in Heidelberg, Germany, and then he operated his own Clinic in Neu-Ulm and Weißenhorn.
- Dr. Mohammed Istarabadi is a Consultant Urology Surgeon, certified by the American Board of Urology. A native of Iraq, he got his medical school qualifications in Dublin and New York. Dr. Istarabadi returned from Albany, New York where he specialized in Urology to the UAE in 1999. He graduated in Medicine from the Royal College Of Surgeons in Ireland M.B.B.Ch., B.A.O., L.R.C.P. &S.I.(N.U.I.) in 1987 and then he obtained a M.S. in Anatomy from the University College Dublin 1989. Dr. Istarabadi completed his General Surgery and cardiothoracic training in Dublin and became a fellow of the at the Royal College F.R.C.S.I. In 1992. He then moved to the United States of America to train in Urological Surgery in Albany New York and became American Board of Urology certified since1998.
- Dr Hosam Al-Qudah is a Board Certified consultant Urologist with Fellowship training from the United States of America. He has Jordanian and Arab Board of Urology since 2003 and 2004 respectively. Dr Hosam started his residency training in in 1998 at Jordan University of Science and Technology and the American University Hospital in Beirut. He then moved to the United States of America to have subspecialty training in Reconstructive Urology from Wayne State University and Transplant Surgery in University of Maryland. He did his third fellowship in Uro-Oncology and advanced Laparoscopy at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida from July 2006 until June 2007.
- Dr. Alkasab started his career and training as a Uro-oncologist at Princess Margaret Cancer Center / University Health Network / University of Toronto, Canada in 2011, gaining a very comprehensive experience in diagnosing and managing (medically and surgically) Prostate Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Bladder Cancer and Testicular Cancer. He has two fellowships in Uro-oncology (clinical and research). Dr. Alkasab is a highly trained Surgeon In Robotic Surgery of the Prostate and PLND, completing his training in Princess Margaret Cancer Center, one of most famous Cancer Centers in the whole world of Cancer Institutions and the North American Society of Uro-oncology.
- Dr Andrew Jenkinson is a Consultant Surgeon specializing in the treatment of Obesity, Gallstones, Hernias, Heartburn and Abdominal Pain. Dr. Andrew runs regular clinics in both London and Dubai. In Al Zahra hospital he is a member of the Specialist Bariatric Surgery Team providing safe and successful treatment of Obesity. He will advise on the best procedure to help long term weight loss. In London he leads the Bariatric Surgery Teams in the world renowned London Clinic on Harley Street and the famous Wellington Hospital. He also works for the NHS, at the prestigious University College London Hospital (UCLH). Mr. Jenkinson has had extensive training in Laparoscopic (keyhole) Surgical Techniques in London, Europe and America.
- Dr Alrawi is currently the Director of all Surgical Oncology Services at Alzahra Cancer Center in the Heart of Dubai and its tertiary referral cancer center for all UAE, hosting highly specialized surgical oncology subspecialties, including Colorectal, Breast oncology, Head & Neck Surgery, Urology, Gynecological Oncology, Sarcoma/ Melanoma and Peritoneal surface malignancy, in addition to pancreatic and hepatic surgery. DR Alrawi was the Chief of Surgical Oncology Divison at Tawam Hospital and was the interim chair of department of surgery from October 2013-September 2015. Tawam Hospital is affiliated with JOHN HOPKINS Medical System. Dr Alrawi major interest is Gastrointestinal Oncology, including Esophageal, Gastric, Pancreas, Liver and colonic surgery with special interest in endocrine surgery including thyroid , parathyroid and adrenal surgery, Sadir Alrawi, was the Chief of the Surgical Oncology Program at Comprehensive Cancer Center of 21st Century in Jacksonville, Florida from 2008- 2013.
- Dr. Sherif Fayed has worked as a respiratory consultant in Egypt and United Kingdom. He has outstanding experience in Respiratory Critical Care, chest infections, pulmonary fibrosis, pleural diseases. in addition to lung cancer early detection, diagnosis and most pulmonary procedures. Dr. Fayed holds more than 15 years of experience in the field of Pulmonology.
- Dr. Alaa Eldin has more than 27 years of experience gained from his work and training in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. His main interest is Rheumatology patients who have conditions such as: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Spondyloarthritis like Ankylosing Spondylitis, Crystal induces arthritis like Gout, Scleroderma, and other collagen diseases.
- Dr. Shafei completed his surgical training at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Started his career in Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in 2000 at Air Forces General Hospital, Cairo, Egypt. The only doctor responsible for the selection and evaluation of patients undergoing H.B.O.T. He is the first doctor in M.O.H. and D.H.A. holding Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy License. One of the D.H.A. assessment panel for H.B.O.T. He is appointed examiner at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Dr Shabeeha is registered and licensed to practice on the GMC register. She has over 12 years of clinical experience in General, Malignant and Laboratory Hematology. She has worked as a Consultant Haematologist at the Royal Marsden Hospital, University Hospitals Birmingham and was employed as a Consultant Haematologist at the Kings College Hospital London, before moving to Dubai.
- Dr. Sayad received his medical degrees from St. Joseph University, Beirut. He completed his General Surgery residency training at Staten Island University Hospital in New York, USA, Subsequently, he completed a subspecialty fellowship training in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery at the same institution under the tutelage of Dr. George Ferzli, a pioneer in this field. Dr. Sayad authored multiple medical publications in peer reviewed journals and he was a speaker in many international surgical meetings.
- Dr. Filippos is responsible for the Special Clinical Gastroenterology as well as Interventional Endoscopy Services. He has published several papers in peer review journals and chapter books and he is invited speaker on various GI topics in local and international scientific meetings on a regular basis. He has full license to practice in Dubai (Dubai Health Authority), UK (General Medical Council) and Greece (Athens Medical Council). He holds the title of Fellow of European Board of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (FEBGH).
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai adopts Artificially Intelligence powered platforms to elevate patient driven communication and access to care Patients can now book instantly through WhatsApp